‘capturing moments… creating memories…
Love, Laughter and Happy Ever After…
KENT WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER YVETTE CRAIG
Hello, I’m Yvette and I have been capturing beautiful weddings for over ten years, both here in Kent as well as throughout the South East of England and UK. I have also had the opportunity to photograph some overseas weddings in countries such as Australia, USA, Canada and the Caribbean.
My love of photography started at the age of six when I was given my first film camera… I used to get so excited to see the postman arrive with my photos after they had been sent off to be developed! I soon realised that a picture captured is not only an image but an emotional story for all eternity.
I LOVE GETTING TO KNOW MY COUPLES
For me, photographing a couple’s wedding goes beyond the day itself. It’s about getting to know the couple so that I can capture their day, their way. I like to tell a story with my camera, capturing all the emotions, love and joy between the couple and their family and friends so that they can look back at the images and relive the day over again.
- In 2012, I won Kent Wedding Photographer of the Year – And I have been a shortlisted finalist every year since it began in 2011
- In 2009, I won the Your Kent Wedding – Wedding of the Year
- In 2010, I won the MPA Press and PR Award of Excellence
- I have also won numerous National Awards for my Wedding, Portraiture, Equine and Commercial Photography
WHEN I AM NOT BEHIND THE LENS
When I am not behind the lens you will find me absorbed in my other passion Interior Design. My background is actually in design and I absolutely love it… Last year we built our own North American style home here in the heart of Kent and I project managed it. It certainly has re-ignited my passion for all things interiors…
My other love is food and cooking, so you can often find me baking in my kitchen or photographing food.
OTHER FACTS ABOUT ME
- I am a Mum to three wonderful grown-up sons
- I am married to James and we have two West Highland Terriers who share our home
- I make the best Pavlova
- I am an ice cream connoisseur
- I have lived in the USA and Canada and I still listen to Canadian radio in my studio
- My favourite colour is orange
- I love to travel
I am so glad that Stephanie and Lee picked you to photograph their wedding, you have been absolutely amazing! The highlight of the day for me was when we realised that we could not get where we needed to meet the horse and carriage because we had taken our car to the venue so we could get home later! And you said not to worry I can take you all, so Stephanie got in the back of your Jaguar and her Dad got in the front and I squeezed in along side my daughter, it truly was a priceless moment, I can not wait to see the photos.
You really are the most stress free person to be around on a wedding dayThank-you!
black and white photos
capturing the moments…